WaterNav – The essential waterways companion.
River Canal Rescue’s WaterNav can be downloaded as an App for your phone. This essential cruising companion combines an information system and route planner with sat nav, covering all of the inland waterways in the UK. Equally useful for walkers and cyclists, WaterNav’s comprehensive database contains thousands of points of interest, including pubs, restaurants, boatyards, places to visit, doctors, vets and many more. The app is available for free on google play and apple stores.
Once downloaded, WaterNav requires NO internet connection as all maps are stored on to your device. Simply pin-point your location using in-built GPS, plan your route and use the intuitive filters to search for what you need.
- Plan & Track your route
- Pin-point your exact location using a GPS
- Find thousands of points of interest, including mooring locations and navigation details, locks and bridges, pump-outs, diesel and gas, places to eat and drink, doctors, vets and dentists, shops, launderettes, bus stops and train stations.
WaterNav App covers all these Regions
- Norfolk Broads
- Scotland- Android version is 2 regions: Lowland and Highland waterways – iPhone/iPad is a single region
- The Midlands : Birmingham Canal Navigations, Birmingham & Fazeley, Trent & Mersey up to and incl. Middlewich Branch, Erewash Canal, Coventry, North Oxford, Grand Union North, Erewash, Shropshire Union, Staffordshire & Worcestershire, Worcester & Birmingham, Stratford, Severn, Droitwich Canal, Leicester Ring, Warwickshire Ring…
- South of England : River Thames, Kennet & Avon, Lee & Stort Navigations, Basingstoke Canal, Wey & Godalming, South Grand Union and South Oxford
- Grand Ring: Grand Union Canal – South Oxford Canal – River Thames ring
- West of England : Staffordshire & Worcestershire, Birmingham Canal Navigations, Stratford Canal, River Avon, Gloucester & Sharpness, River Severn, Droitwich Canals,…
- East of England : Rive Nene, Great Ouse, Fossdyke & Witham Navigations, Witham Navigable Drains, Middle levels, River Cam, River Lark, ….
- North West England : Shropshire Union North, Trent & Mersey from Middlewich, Bridgwater, Leeds & Liverpool, Calder & Hebble, Huddersfield Broad & Narrow, Rochdale, Peak Forest, Macclesfield, Middlewich Branch, Caldon, Lancaster Canal, Four Counties Ring, Cheshire Ring….
- North East England : Aire & Calder, Calder & Hebble, South Yorkshire Navigations, Chesterfield, Yorkshire Ouse/River Ure/Ripon Canal, River Derwent, River Trent, Erewash Canal
- Welsh Canals : Llangollen, Montgomery, Monmouth & Brecon, Swansea, Neath & Tennant
Download The App
WaterNav is currently available on iOS and Android.